Luke 21:5-28 Preparing for the end
Things will get bad before they get really bad; this is the path Christians walk, so chin up and face the end looking to Christ – this will be your opportunity to witness.
Overview of 21:5-28
- The Disciples comment on the incredible building of the Temple, and Jesus tells of it and Jerusalem’s impending destruction.
- The disciples ask how and when this will be. Jesus cautions them against any enthusiasm for the destruction of the temple and any thought that as Christians they have a role in making it happen.
- Then he begins to outline how things will get bad in the end of Jerusalem
- Jesus maps out how things will get really bad in the end of all things
- But even before these things take place Jesus prepares his disciples to walk a path of rejection and suffering; one like he walked.
- Lastly he tells of the signs to expect at the end of all things when he comes again in glory to redeem his people.
Things will get bad (10-11, 20-24)
- Jesus warns his disciples to flee the coming destruction
Before they get really bad (12, 16-17)
- Jesus Warns his disciples of persecution, rejection, and betrayal
This is the path Christians walk
“Walking the path of Jesus: being persecuted, rejected, and betrayed by the very people we hope to save will characterize our life in Christ”
So chin up and face the end looking to Christ (25-28)
- Jesus is coming to get what he paid for
This will be your opportunity to witness (13)